- Broadcasting live from the Children’s Hospital Atrium, Thurs. and Fri., Nov. 9 and 10, the iHeartRadio Radiothon fundraiser will bring together Miracle Kids from across Oklahoma. Each will share their personal story of triumph and strength as they strive to help listeners better understand what it’s like inside our local…Read More
- Children’s Hospital Foundation (CHF) hosted more than 400 guests and netted $248,000 during the 2017 Starlight Ball on Friday, Oct. 20, at the Oklahoma City Golf and Country Club. With a Casablanca theme, guests enjoyed a cocktail hour, casino games, punch wall, dinner and live music. Event chairs Kelly and…Read More
- Children’s Hospital Foundation and Love’s Travel Stops (Love’s) today announce a partnership to help Oklahoma students who miss school due to lengthy hospital stays at Children’s Hospital connect with their classmates and teachers. CHF and Love’s representatives officially unveiled the Bear in the Chair program in Oklahoma Friday, Oct. 13,…Read More
- OKLAHOMA CITY – Local Walmart and Sam’s Club stores are once again joining forces to raise money for Children’s Hospital Foundation during the annual Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals (CMN Hospitals) campaign. Walmart and Sam’s Club associates customers and members have raised more than $7.9 million Children’s Hospital Foundation since 1987.…Read More
- OKLAHOMA CITY – Lance Norick, American stock car and sprint car racing driver, and professional radio-controlled car driver toured Children’s Hospital and interacted with patients in The Zone. Joining the tour were Former Oklahoma City Mayor Ron Norick and his wife Kandy, Kathy McCracken, Executive Director of Children’s Hospital Foundation…Read More
- OKLAHOMA CITY – 5,300 student dancers representing four Oklahoma universities raised $1.05 million since January to support Children’s Hospital Foundation and the sick and injured children of Oklahoma. Passing the $1 million mark places Oklahoma ninth in the nation for top Miracle Network Dance Marathons featuring the University of Oklahoma,…Read More
- Children’s Hospital Foundation (CHF) sponsored the annual CHF Harris D. Riley, Jr. MD Visiting Professorship Lecture today. The program was established by CHF and the Harris D. Riley Jr. MD family 26 years ago to honor the legacy of Dr. Riley’s dedication to pediatric medical education. This year’s keynote speaker…Read More
- OKLAHOMA CITY –Children’s Hospital Foundation (CHF) has a reputation for the recruited endowed chairs who administer treatment and care to patients at Children’s Hospital. Among those chairs is Dr. Marilyn Escobedo, CHF Reba McEntire Endowed Chair in Neonatology. Her addition to the team at the OU Department of Pediatrics and…Read More
- Children’s Hospital Foundation (CHF) sponsored the bi-annual CHF Patricia Price Browne Prize in Biomedical Ethics today. The Patricia Price Browne Prize is $10,000 prize and is given every two years to physicians, nurses, research scientists and others who demonstrate the utmost professional standards in the medical or professional ethics fields.…Read More
For all press inquiries, please contact:
- Children’s Hospital Foundation helps to fund pediatric research, education programs to improve clinical care, ultimately supporting Children’s Hospital in serving all 77 counties in Oklahoma with more than 233,000 annual patient encounters.
- Children’s Hospital Foundation is a Private 501(c)(3) Nonprofit established in 1982.
- Children’s Hospital Foundation has raised more than $121 million to fund pediatric research, clinical care, education programs and world-class pediatric physicians and researchers to care for Oklahoma’s children, regardless of a family’s ability to pay.
- All funds raised through Children’s Hospital Foundation stay in Oklahoma so children will have access to exceptional pediatric specialists without having to leave the state.
- Children’s Hospital Foundation has recruited 23 endowed education-research-physicians with 13 chairs in recruitment.
- CHF efforts support training of 75% of Oklahoma’s pediatricians.
- Children’s Hospital Foundation has been given a four-star rating by a national charity watchdog group, Charity Navigator. Only about 25% of the charities they monitor receive such a favorable rating.
- “The careful recruitment and retention of exceptional medical personnel has provided our family with an accurate diagnosis, implementation of the best treatment plan available for our child, success in the control of her disease, and a faith that every effort is being made to improve the caliber of care and services available for every child.”
– Deborah Patrick, Mother
- "Our children deserve to have the brightest and most experienced physicians providing quality healthcare across the state, and that is why we want our community to support us in our effort to give our children the treatment they deserve."
– Kathy McCracken, CHF Executive Director
- “Children’s Hospital Foundation is a vital partner in enhancing the quality of health care for the children of Oklahoma. Funds raised by the foundation help bring world class physicians and scientists dedicated to advancing children’s health through cutting edge research and clinical care, underpins unique programs focused on children and enhances our mission to prepare future generations of pediatricians to serve the children and families of our state.”
– Dr. Morris Gessouroun, CHF Patricia Price Browne Distinguished Chair in Pediatrics
- “Each child deserves the best specialized health care available, and Children’s Hospital Foundation, with community support, is funding significant programs to ensure our Oklahoma children and their families can stay close to home with friends and family as they deal with life-altering illnesses.”
– Jim and Christy Everest, CHF Supporters
- “Our mission in life is to share our blessings and make a difference. Our prayer is that every child with medical needs can have the care of the finest doctors in the nation.”
– Paul Milburn, CHF Supporter