The team is on hand 24/7 to respond to critical newborns. Neonatology team is:
- Neonatal intensivists
- Neonatal fellows
- Pediatric surgeons
- Neonatal nurse practitioners
- Neonatal nurses
- Respiratory therapists
- Transport specialists
- Physical therapists
- Occupational therapists
- Speech therapists
- Other specially trained support staff
As a regional perinatal center for the Oklahoma City area, the Division of Neonatology includes an infant transport service, perinatal consultation and education services, and a NICU follow-up clinic for high-risk infants who have received intensive care. The division also organizes P.C.E.P, an outreach perinatal educational program, to physicians, nurses, and other health care providers in community hospitals all over the state.
Our comprehensive coverage for Oklahoma's premature and full-term infants includes:
- Advanced NICU services using mechanical ventilation including high frequency (oscillator, jet) non-invasive, ECMO (Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation), exchange transfusion and inhaled nitric oxide therapy, therapeutic hypothermia
- Dedicated mother/baby unit beds
- NeoFlight helicopter and ground transfer
- Diagnostic services for newborns with complex medical issues
- Nutritional care of critically ill newborns
- Developmentally supportive care applying NIDCAP protocols and standards.
- Innovative treatments through our research protocols
- Pediatric sub-specialty consultations
- Follow-up clinics for NICU "graduates"